Of all the indignities, her fast began on Thanksgiving, and ended today after her test.
What could I do but bake her some dog cookies?
UPDATE: Buffy is now on thyroid medication (for hypo-thyroid) which helps to control her cholesterol.
Buffy's vegan dog cookies.
- one cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes (NOT baking yeast!)
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- two tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water (or no-salt veg. broth)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and yeast flakes.
- Mix peanut butter and oil with water. (I measure the 1/2 cup water into a measuring cup, then add the peanut butter to make 3/4 cup, then add the oil and mix with a fork until the p-butter is dissolved.)
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by small teaspoons onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes.
- Cool and store in a closed container.
- Makes about 50 small cookies.
The following list of foods comes from here: