October 25, 2008

Avocado excess

Our CSA box contained 9 VERY ripe avocados with the admonition, "use right away." Yikes! Okay. I love avocados and was anxious to follow our farmer's directive immediately. It's so unusual to acquire avocados that are already ripe. It was early in the morning and I hadn't had breakfast yet so it seemed obvious that I had to have an avocado for breakfast. There was an opened package of corn tortillas in the refrigerator, fresh garden tomatoes on the counter and a container of black olives. Soooo...

The wok was on the stove and I used it to soften the tortillas. I heated them with a little spritz of olive oil, filled them with avocado, tomato, olives and salsa. Yum. I won't say how many of these I ate.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect brekkie to me. No such thing as excessive avocado--they're great in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the avocados from your CSA? Where's their farm, California? I'd love to have a CSA deliver avocados to me :)

    hmmmmmm... I guess I'm "anonymous" because your site is telling me my URL had "illegal characters." And perhaps I pal around with terrorists, too?

    wingraclaire.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricki: I didn't think it was possible to have an excess of avocados either. This was a lot.

    Claire: Very funny. I've ended up anonymous a couple of times on your blog, too.

    The farm's in Viroqua, Wis. All of our vegetables come from the farm but they offer a bi-weekly organic fruit share, and some of the fruit comes from other climates. The avocados actually came two weeks ago. This week, in addition to local apples and pears, we also got other stuff like pomegranates and persimmons. And dates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum! I hope you ate one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I ate enough for you and several other people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gauri Radha गौरी राधा2/17/11, 10:14 PM

    I love avocados!! That looks quite good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmmmm. Fresh and green, just the way I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Andrea's easy vegan cooking. I love, and read, all of your comments! Please share your thoughts.

There are a few Amazon links in the posts. Thanks in advance if you click on one.

Note: ALL THE IMAGES FROM THIS BLOG WERE ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ON 1-21-12. I'M RESTORING THEM, POST BY POST, BUT IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME. Recipe pages you visit may be missing photos, but all the text in intact. If you find a post without images, let me know so I can fix it. Thanks!