Anyway, I meant to post this last week but never got to it. After our big brunch, I had a bunch of cooked chick peas leftover because I had planned to use them at the party but changed my mind. The next day I decided to make them into a salad like the mock tuna salad Claire brought to the brunch, but the internet was down and I couldn't get the recipe. So, I threw together a salad based on ingredients at hand. I didn't measure anything, but this kind of salad is very flexible, so I'll give general measures of what I think I used. Here it is, more or less.
Chick pea salad ("mock" mock tuna salad)
- 1/2 medium red onion, rinsed under cold water and chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 2 rounded tablespoons tofu cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- about 8 wasabi toasted almonds (from Trader Joe's)
- 2 cups firm cooked chick peas
- large, peeled carrot, shredded
- Place first five ingredients in food processor and buzz a few times until evenly chopped.
- Add chick peas and buzz a bit more.
- Place in bowl and add shredded carrot.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve stuffed into pita with shredded lettuce and pickles. I had mine on a plate without the pita, with a green salad.