CSA fruit share) and as the juice hit the purple, it turned a bright magenta. This was getting interesting. I tasted and seasoned and wrote down approximately what I did. We ended up with a great tasting pot of weird looking soup.
Jordan made our usual oven sweet potato fries, with the addition of spicy chipotlé powder, and they were superb. In fact, we ate them before I remembered the camera!
Creamy cauliflower soup (in the pressure cooker)
- large head of cauliflower (white or purple), separated into medium chunks
- medium onion, sliced
- one stalk celery, sliced
- 2 to 3 small white potatoes, peeled and cut up (for body)
- one clove garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon of either truffle oil, olive oil, chili oil or no oil
- one lime, juiced
- sweet white miso, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- thinly sliced green onion, parsley or other green for garnish
- Sauté the onion and celery in a small amount of olive oil in the pressure cooker until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and potato and enough water to come about 3/4 up the cauliflower.
- Bring up to pressure, turn the heat down and cook at pressure for 4 minutes.
- Run cool water over the lid to bring the pressure down. Open the pot and add the miso, lime juice and oil. Blend in the pot with an immersion blender, or in batches in a conventional blender. Stir in the garlic. Adjust seasonings. Garnish. I used baby arugula because that's what I had on hand.