August 22, 2008

Chinese dinner

My husband is a college professor and he advises many graduate students and hosts visiting scholars from a lot of different countries. Last night, one of his graduate students from China, and a visiting scholar from China, invited us for dinner. They prepared numerous dishes and cooked a vegan meal for us. Each dish was unique and delicious. We started with a tofu and corn soup and then we had:
asparagus with red pepper

green beans with Chinese black mushrooms

broccoli with garlic

spicy tree fungus with cucumbers and ginger

fresh fruit salad

and the only thing store-bought, chocolate cake.

And I forgot to photograph a yummy large, round potato pancake that I wish I knew how to make!.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you, authentic Chinese! (Though I have to admit I can never get over the name, "fungus" when we order at Chinese restaurants--probably missing out on some tasty stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I think it's also called "wood ear" if that helps. :) When you think about it, though, mushrooms are fungus and we don't have any problem with that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Andrea's easy vegan cooking. I love, and read, all of your comments! Please share your thoughts.

There are a few Amazon links in the posts. Thanks in advance if you click on one.

Note: ALL THE IMAGES FROM THIS BLOG WERE ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ON 1-21-12. I'M RESTORING THEM, POST BY POST, BUT IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME. Recipe pages you visit may be missing photos, but all the text in intact. If you find a post without images, let me know so I can fix it. Thanks!