April 10, 2009

Quick post about cupcakes


I've been experimenting a little with my coconut flour, and I made cupcakes using this easy recipe with a slight change. I traded two tablespoons of wheat flour for two tablespoons of coconut flour and I added an extra three tablespoons of water. The recipe usually makes 11 smallish cupcakes but this new version made 12 high-rising cupcakes. In fact, they rose so high I was afraid I wouldn't be able to use the cheater-frosting trick of putting chocolate chips on the warm, just-out-of-the-oven tops and then giving the melted chips a swirl. (My apologies to those who pipe those gorgeous frostings onto their cupcakes. I admire them to death, but I'm too lazy and too sugar phobic to attempt those perfect swirls myself. A nice little topping of melted chocolate works for me.)


They were tasty little cakers even though I over-baked them! Next time I'll do it right.

4 comments:

  1. This flour sounds really helpful! Your cupcakes look adorable and next time I make a batch, I'll definitely steal your frosting idea. It sounds easy and like a very good replacement for buttercream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not as impressive as beautiful swirls, but it sure is easy and it tastes good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gauri Radha गौरी राधा6/17/11, 6:06 PM

    They look good!! I love vegan cupcakes :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Andrea's easy vegan cooking. I love, and read, all of your comments! Please share your thoughts.

There are a few Amazon links in the posts. Thanks in advance if you click on one.

Note: ALL THE IMAGES FROM THIS BLOG WERE ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ON 1-21-12. I'M RESTORING THEM, POST BY POST, BUT IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME. Recipe pages you visit may be missing photos, but all the text in intact. If you find a post without images, let me know so I can fix it. Thanks!