May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



It's not just on Mother's Day that I miss my mother, but it's the day when her no longer being here is hardest to ignore. When I ask myself what I miss the most, the answer is, I just miss her. I miss talking to her on the phone, sharing day to day trivia. She was unconditional in her love — she'd get angry but she'd quickly forgive. She took so much pleasure in the accomplishments of her children, whether large or small, that it was impossible not to feel important in her eyes. I miss her.


Just look at what was inside the box sent to me by my oldest son and daughter-in-law. Yes, they taste(ed) as good as they look!

Happy Mother's Day!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, those look incredible! where are they from?

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were purchased at Sidecar for Pigs Peace in Seattle. http://pigspeace.org/articles/sidecar.html
    It's an all-vegan store owned by Peace for Pigs Sanctuary.

    The label says organic vegan truffles but there isn't a brand name or other identification. I think they are a local (Seattle) product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! I, too, miss my mom on this day. . . it's a good day for remembering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day, Andrea! What a wonderful gift from your son and daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day! I empathize, sympathize, and in general agree with you - I miss my mom too on this day. I did send my stepmother and my aunt Mother's Day cards, though....

    Those chocolates look almost too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ricki, Diann, Claire,
    Thank you so much for your kind words and wishes.

    About the chocolate looking almost too pretty to eat — the key word is "almost." :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are wonderful! The chocolate box is especially great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lyn Rose, Thanks for your comment about the photos. I love taking pictures of food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Andrea's easy vegan cooking. I love, and read, all of your comments! Please share your thoughts.

There are a few Amazon links in the posts. Thanks in advance if you click on one.

Note: ALL THE IMAGES FROM THIS BLOG WERE ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ON 1-21-12. I'M RESTORING THEM, POST BY POST, BUT IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME. Recipe pages you visit may be missing photos, but all the text in intact. If you find a post without images, let me know so I can fix it. Thanks!