|Me in my new apron.|
|Daiya cheese pizza with "pepperoni" (tester recipe)|
|Salted caramel wheat treats. Yum. (tester recipe)|
|Baby back ribz try #2 (tester recipe) Still not sticky and gooey but closer!|
Just so you can see how truly boring our eating can be, here's a soup I made for lunch on Saturday. But really, it was delicious. And so simple. You can flavor it any way you like to suit your own palate.
Simple cauliflower, carrot, potato soup
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower, cut in large pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut in small dice
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut in small dice
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 3 teaspoons mellow white miso (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- low sodium vegetable broth
- fresh ground pepper
- sliced scallion
- minced parsley
- fresh or dried herbs
- Place the vegetables and water in a pressure cooker. Bring to pressure and cook 5 minutes. Release pressure.
- Use a hand-blender in the pot or add cooked veggies and cooking water to a blender bowl along with miso, onion powder and vinegar, and blend until creamy. Add broth to desired consistency, and blend. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Return to pot and gently reheat if needed. Place in bowls and add a grind of pepper. Add garnishes as desired.
|My new cupcake apron up close.|
Bake sale for Haiti
in plastic baggies like I usually do for bake sales, I made cellophane packages tied with ribbon. They looked very cute if I do say so myself.
Valentine's Day idea
Meredith from Farm Sanctuary asked me to post this, and I'm happy to do so. Sponsoring an animal is a gift of love that fits well with Valentine's Day — or any day.
This Valentine’s Day, open your heart to the rescued animals at Farm Sanctuary. Each of these individuals has a huge capacity for love and a story to share that will fill you with hope and inspiration.
Sponsor an animal for yourself and share your Valentine’s Day spirit with one of the sweet animals at our shelters. Or, give a sponsorship as a gift because there’s no better way to show that someone special in your life how much you care. All of our sanctuary residents depend on sponsors to provide them with nourishing food, safe refuge, veterinary care, and everything else they need for a happy and healthy life.
Sponsors receive an adoption certificate with a color photograph of their adopted friend, an adoption card, an invitation to schedule a VIP tour to meet their sponsored animal, and other benefits depending on the animal selected. Click here to see a list of our sponsorship packages.
In the name of love for all beings, sponsor one of the farm animals below this Valentine’s Day! Or, sponsor them all to receive or share a whole barnyard full of love! You can also make a special one-time gift to the animals.